In this video in you’ll learn how to automatically detect any broken links on your WordPress website. Having a lot of broken links is not good for your visitors or Search Engines – nobody likes to see 404 page not found message after clicking a link. Checking all your links by hand is a tedious and mundane process but luckily there is an easy solution – Broken Link Checker Plugin.
WordPress Broken Link CheckerPlugin
Broken Link Checker will check your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any are found. In the options you can set:
- How often do you want to check your links
- If you want to receive email notification about broken links or if you have multiple authors publishing content if you want them receive notifications about links found in their posts
- If you want to apply custom formatting to broken links, highlight them in red for example
- If you’re on a budget hosting or want to prevent plugin from using resources during peak server load times you can set server load limit where plugin will be suspended if average server load rises above that number.
When broken links are found you have the option to:
- Edit URL – edit link url
- Unlink – remove this link from all posts
- Not broken – remove it from the list and mark as valid
- Dismiss – dismiss notification and remove from list of broken links
No matter how big or how small your website is you can benefit from Broken Link Checker. It is often not your fault that links returns 404 error, in example you linked from your post to a great resource on a website but they have changed url and now your link returns 404 (page not found) error. With Broken Link Checker you can easily and automatically monitor all your links and get notification if plugin founds any broken ones, this will help keep your visitors and search engine spiders happy.